terça-feira, 5 de abril de 2011

I have to leave...

Some songs just deserve to be translated. It made me cry the first time I heard it, and it made me cry again and again and again.
There are many version of this songs on the Web. This versions shows what this song is about even to one not versed in Russian. And below is an attempt to translate it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klvD9R7dLyQ&feature=related

The swinging trees
A silver river flowing down
Along the stream
A boy is walking with his gal
They walk alone
their steps becoming ever slow
Along his cheak
A sudden tear from nowhere flows


I have to leave
The boy said in the midst his tears
But wait for me
I promise, soon I'll be back here
And so he left; 
And without meeting his first spring
He came back home. 
Inside a darkened soldier grave.


His mother cries
His father's standing like a shade
How can this be?
He's just a little boy to them
And, oh, how many
Of them, whose live had just begun
Returned back home
Inside their graves, so cold and dark.


He, just like you
Walked with his girl on moonlit nights
He gave her flowers
And sang her songs on his guitar
And even when
He fell upon the cold white snow
With his own blood
He wrote her name upon that snow 


The wind will blow
The fumes away from shattered lands
That girls of his
Already has another friend
The girl who said,
Who promised she was going to wait
The spring arrived
The name upon the snow did melt


The swinging trees
A silver river flowing down
Along the stream
A boy is walking with his gal
They walk alone
Their mind is filled with spring and joy
Along her cheak
A sudden tear from nowhere flows


I do not want,
I do not want to live like this
I simply can't
I simply can't forget him, nay
And so she left
To where the tides are ever warm
She found a place
To be with him who loves her so.


I drink for those
Who now have only twenty years
I drink for those
Who left and are no longer here
All those who left
And without meeting their first spring
Returned back home. 
Inside their cold and darkened graves.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário