sexta-feira, 4 de março de 2011

The Sword Eternal

This poem is about one of great importance to me at a time; both for best and for worst. If I am not mistaken, I wrote four poems about her. None of them had seen any light, till this day.


The Sword Eternal - 19 august 2004



Out in the field; the setting sun...
But for how long can it be setting?
The burning bridge; the gates are down;
Into the darkness - hordes of orcs...


The so-called allies - "No! Leave be!"
A cry for help I threw in vain.
I helped them; no, I couldn't see
The suffering, th'eternal pain...


An oath be broken by my hand!
Eternal darkness - hold, await!
I faced, I saw the gates of Hell;
And soon it shall come to an end!


The monsters creeping; I'm alone;
My spear was broken by my ally.
He ran away - face not the storm!
I have no strength to face the monsters.


-You're not an elf! You're but an orc!
An orchish scum, thy name is SNAGA!!!...
The voice from Barad-Dûr, it comes!
It comes... the orcs... the trolls.. the balrogs...


A cut, so deep, inside my flesh...
A scream into my broken ear...
The pain iside... a blinding flash...
My will, my faith is broken... FEAR!!!


- You're stronger than these hounds of hell!
Fight on, my friend! Defeat the demons!
I raise my head... Oh Goddess, help!
A cry for help into the heavens?!


"Rise now! And fight! You shall survive!
We shall rebuild the bridge, united!"
A sword... an armor shining bright...
Behind me - elven scouts... and nothing!


The darkness overwhelmed me;
An yet, an elven sword in my hands.
I'm spinning round; tear down their flesh!
I'm but an orc, my name is SNAGA!!!


I look behind... the elf... is here...
But still, too far away from me...
I'm broken, my resistance - passive...
The meal of demons shall I be?


The sun is setting down... how long!
The sunset - oh, it's neverending!
Betrayed by many; faith's not strong...
Like a small tree... in wind... is bending...


But suddenly - behold! - the elf
Is by my side... the sword eternal...
"Hello my friend!"- I need some help...
"And here am I!"- the sword eternal...


Retreat you, cursed souls from Hell!
And leave him be! The sword eternal!
A cut into the balrog's skin...
Retreating hordes of orcs and goblins...


The elven warrior - "So... Hold on!
"We shall rebuild the bridge, my brother!"
You are no orchish scum; you're strong.
Thou art an elf. Thy name is Taurwen.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário